- Trying to rub carpet stains can make matters even worse
- Kool-Aid stains on your carpet can be removed easily with the right tools
- Never use Ammonia-based products for pet stains, and use a black light for a thorough cleaning
- Coffee stains can cause brown discolorations when left alone or yellow-brown stains when cleaned inadequately
- Homeowners dread having to cleanup bloodstains, but a few tricks and a fast reaction can help you get rid of it in a breeze
- Ink stains are very hard to remove, but using isopropyl alcohol just might save the day, experts say
If you have no idea how to effectively deal with carpet stains, don’t panic!
Many homeowners try very hard to make sure that their beloved carpet will never get stained. Unfortunately, accidents can happen unexpectedly.
Many would actually try to check if the stain would just buff off the carpet. They will try to rub it out with a cloth only to find out that they’ve now just made matters even worse.
In every cleaning job that one has to take, it is very important that one understands four important factors. The temperature needed, the chemical action of different products, the time it needs to provide the best results and the mechanical action that you need to provide.
Although these may sound too complicated, knowing all about them and using them to your advantage can actually help make your cleaning task a lot easier; you can read on to know more, or you can give us a call so you can avail of professional Salt Lake City cleaning services.
Getting Rid of Juice Stains on the Carpet
Juices, especially Kool-Aid can cause a nasty stain when spilled on your carpet. But with the right tools, you can easily clean it like a pro. The professionals that provide Salt Lake City cleaning services give the following steps:
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure that you blot out the stain in order to remove any excess liquids. You should never try to rub the stain out. You only need to blot it carefully so as to avoid saturating the carpet and letting the stain go into the inner padding.
- The next thing that these professionals from Salt Lake City suggests is that you make a solution inside a spray bottle that is made up of a quarter cup of white vinegar, and a tablespoon of Dawn dishwashing soap. After adding the two ingredients, you can fill the bottle with water. Mix it carefully and spray the stained area liberally. Letting the mixture sit for 10 minutes before you blot it dry with a clean cloth or towel.
- For very tough juice stains, it might be best if you use carpet cleaning products. Many professional cleaning services recommend Oxi-Clean for Stained Carpets and even Bissel Carpet Stain Treatment to help you remove them. You can also remove the stain more effectively by alternately spraying the stain with the vinegar solution and with the conventional carpet stain remover.
- Before you spray your carpet with anything however, you need to test out products or mixtures on small unnoticeable areas so that you will know beforehand if it might damage your carpet further.
Getting Rid of Pet Stains from your Carpet
In many cases, pet stains on carpets are not just difficult to remove; they can also have a bad odor. Dealing with pet stains can be very time consuming especially when you do not know how to effectively get rid of it. Here are some of the steps you need to do to remove the stench and stain off of your carpet.
- First of all, you need to get rid of the mess. Wear disposable gloves and pick it out with your hands. If the stain is wet, you can blot it gently, making sure that you avoid smearing the stain or rubbing it in.
- The next step that you should do is to make sure that the stain is not too dry. Experts from our Salt Lake City cleaning services say that stains which have dried within the carpet fibers can be very difficult to get rid of. By moistening the area with a few sprays of a carpet cleaner designed for this kind of problem, you can easily remove pet stains.
- If you have been trying to find out where the stench comes from, you might want to consider old urine stains. By using a black light and some chalk, you can easily mark areas that have been soiled even if they are invisible to the naked eye.
- To help you deal with the stench caused by pet stains, one will have to use a few professional tips and tricks. Carpet cleaners with Ammonia should never be used on pet urine stains. This is because it can aggravate the stench and using it will invite your pet do the deed in that area again in the future.
- Professionals recommend making a solution inside a spray bottle. Fill half of it with white vinegar, and then fill up the bottle with add warm water. Spay the area with this solution liberally, blotting the area every now and then. As soon as some of the odor is removed, and the area is almost dry, you can add a handful of baking soda. Sprinkle it over the area. In a bowl, mix a teaspoon of ordinary liquid dishwashing detergent with ½ cup of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. Slowly pour it over the areas covered in baking soda. With gloves on, you need to work the baking soda into the carpet with your hands. You can also use a brush for a more thorough cleaning. Let the area dry properly, and then vacuum it afterwards.
Getting Rid of Coffee Stains on your Carpet
Coffee stains are one of the most common carpet stains. The problem with coffee stains is that when left untreated, it can cause brown marks on your carpet and when insufficiently cleaned, it can leave behind noticeable a yellow-brown hue. The key here is to make sure that you deal with it right away by blotting out the dampness and moisture. Here is what you need to do:
- First of all you need to make sure that the area is dry. Blot it with as many towels as necessary so you can avoid spreading the coffee around.
- Use the vinegar, water, and Dawn dishwashing soap method mentioned earlier. Keep on spraying the area and blotting it until most of the stains have been removed.
- You will also need to use a product that has been specifically made to help you get rid of coffee stains on your carpet. As mentioned earlier, you need to test it out on a small area first before spraying large amounts of it on your carpet. You should also wear gloves and safety goggles so you can protect yourself from harsh chemicals.
- If you have a carpet made from Polypropylene or other materials that can withstand the chemical action of bleach, then you’re in luck! The professionals at Salt Lake City cleaning services say that you can mix a quarter cup of bleach with 1 and a quarter cup of water in a spray bottle. Spray it liberally in the area, soaking it and blotting it dry again and again until the stain is no longer visible.
Getting Rid of Blood Stains on your Carpet
A lot of homeowners fear having to deal with blood stains on their beloved carpet. But here in Salt Lake City, our professionals now exactly how to deal with it and make sure that your carpets are free from blood stains. Our experts in cleaning services recommend these steps.
- First of all, you need to act faster. The sooner you deal with it, the faster it will come off from your carpet.
- Another important factor to remember is that blood stains react better to cold solutions. Warm water will coagulate blood, but cold water will help prevent it from seeping into the inner fibers of your carpet.
- Combine 2 teaspoons of liquid dish detergent which has grease-fighting properties, and a full spray bottle of cold water. Spray it liberally on the blood stain until the area is soaked. Use a dry paper towel to blot the area until the stain sticks to the towel.
- Oxi-Clean is a bleach-free product that can help remove common carpet stains. However, it requires warm water for it to be dissolved properly. When cleaning blood stains, make sure that you use cold water instead and try to dissolve the product as much as you can. Apply the product by spraying it or pouring it on the stain, and blot it dry afterwards.
- When it comes to cleaning blood, there are a few important reminders. You need to keep in mind that large quantities of blood can be dangerous for those living in the house and that cleaning it will require a lot of time and effort. You can repeat the steps provided until the stain is no longer visible.
Getting Rid of Ink Stains from your Carpet
Ink stains are probably the hardest to remove from your carpet. Ink can also spread very easily; this is why it is always best to deal with it right away as carefully as possible. The professionals at our Salt Lake City cleaning services recommend the following steps for effective ink stain removal.
- First of all, ink stains react better to cold temperatures. You need to dampen a clean cloth with isopropyl alcohol. The higher the alcohol percentage of the product, the better it is when it comes to removing ink stains. Make sure that you dab it carefully, and that you never try to rub or scrub the stained area. You might also want to test it first so that you can avoid damaging your carpet further.
- Using alcohol repetitively is important if you want to fully restore your carpet. In some cases applying nail polish or hair spray might work. However, it is also possible for these products to do more harm than good to your carpets.
- When using harsh chemicals, make sure that you rinse your carpet with water and then wet vacuum it afterwards until it is properly dried.
Although many of these steps make use of household products for carpet stains, they can still fall short from your expectations. Depending on what type of carpet you have and what kind of things are causing the stain, even our homemade formulations might not work at all. Should any of the specified products or sprays fail, it would be best for you to purchase a product that can has a specific formulation and can help fight against specific stains.
For very difficult stains, you can get in touch with us so you can avail of our professional cleaning services in Salt Lake City. With our help, your carpet can get the best treatments possible for the removal of all sorts of stains and odor.
Call Damestiques today and let us take care of your carpet stain problems for you!