- Having an efficient plan is the only way for busy people to be able to exercise and clean their fitness equipment regularly
- Keeping fitness equipment clean is important for your schedule and for your health
- Gym bags and footwear must be cleaned once a month
- Weights and kettle bells must be cleaned once a week
- Exercise clothes must be clean and fresh before you use
- Smartphones and exercise trackers can harbor a lot of bacteria
Working out can be tiresome; this is why homeowners who exercise at home need to have an efficient plan when it comes to cleaning their exercise equipment.
A lot of us already find it difficult to include exercise into our daily schedule of activities. This is why the last thing that many of us want to do after a tough workout is to clean. But whether we like it or not, keeping the fitness equipment clean and accessible is actually very important so you can easily maintain your schedule as smoothly as possible.
Having improperly maintained exercise equipment can be very harmful. It can harbor germs and it can trigger allergies. Here’s how you can keep your exercise gear clean for easy access and use.
Monthly exercise equipment tasks:
- Gym bags must be cleaned once a month
- All of its contents must be sanitized and cleaned
- The bag must be wiped down or washed
- Footwear must also be cleaned once a month
Weekly Exercise Equipment task:
- Kettle bells
- Exercise machines
- Fitness balls
- Floor mats
- Resistance bands
Daily exercise equipment tasks:
- Your workout attire should be clean and fresh every time you wear it
- Your fitness trackers and smartphones must be cleaned daily if you use them during exercise
- Food containers and water bottles must also be cleaned properly before use
- Your hands should also be cleaned after cooling down from your exercise regimen
Cleaning exercise accessories properly:
- To clean accessories like arm bands and ear buds, you need to swab them carefully with alcohol. Make sure that you do not get them wet directly.
- You can also use disinfectant wipes or check the user manual on how to clean the accessory properly
- Do your cleaning ahead of time so you can allow your accessory to dry thoroughly before use
- Shared exercise accessories must be cleaned before and after usage
Keeping your Smartphone or exercise tracker clean
Your phone or exercise tracker can harbor a lot of bacteria during exercise. Many people carry their phone around all day and a lot of people also use it while they exercise. It can collect a lot of germs as you use your hands to handle your phone and your exercise equipment and as you sweat all over the device. Some devices need to be cleaned with a disinfectant wipe but you can check the manufacturer’s instructions so you can sanitize the phone or tracker properly without damaging it.
Cleaning your exercise equipment does not have to be a difficult chore. You can adjust your cleaning schedule depending on your needs. Just keep in mind that the main goal of exercising is to make sure that you stay healthy. You should also remember that using dirty equipment will do more harm than good for you. Maintaining the right cleaning habits for your fitness accessories, gears, and equipment especially in a shared or public setting can really help you in the long run.