- Say goodbye to newspapers and vinegar, and put paper towels and Windex aside for something more effective
- Squeegees that are specifically designed for windows can give you amazing results
- Instead of buying expensive window cleaners, you can add a few drops of dish soap to a bucket of cold water
- Stubborn window stains can be removed with a #0000 steel wool
If you have wanted to know how to get professional-looking results when it comes to cleaning your windows, then you better look beyond your cleaning solution.
A lot of professionals say that the right cleaning solution can do wonders for your window, but if you truly want amazing results, you need to take a look at how you remove the actual dirt, grease, and stain.
Professionals say that if you want to do it right, you can forget about using newspapers and vinegar, you can also put paper towels and Windex aside.
So what’s the secret?
Simply put, it’s a squeegee!
But don’t go on a squeegee shopping just yet. This is because ordinary squeegees won’t cut it; you need to stay away from those used in gas stations, and those that are made for tiles and showers. What you need is a squeegee specifically designed for window cleaning.
A professional window squeegee consists of three important parts: the rubber, a channel, and the handle.
- The handle needs to be ergonomic and it has to firmly hold the channel
- Channels come in different lengths, but for household use, it has to be around 12-18 inches for best results
- The rubber is the most important part. It needs to rest firmly in the channel so that it can clean effectively
Over time, the rubber will wear out due to constant use; this is why it has to be changed from time to time. Whenever you see the squeegee leave behind fine lines during use, you need to consider replacing the rubber right away.
You can purchase decent squeegees at home improvement stores, you can also purchase high quality ones at janitorial supplies. There are also ones that you can purchase online.
What about the cleaning solution?
You can add a few drops of dish soap to a bucket of cold water. You can apply this solution on your windows using a sponge. For stubborn stains, you can use a #0000 steel wool. Squeegee off the solution afterwards, and then wipe off any excess with a microfiber towel.
And there you have it! That’s how professionals clean windows to perfection!