1. Go to www.yelp.com in your web browser and log in.
2. In order to review a business, you’ll need to find its page on Yelp.
3. To get started, click Write a Review.
4. You’ll be taken to the review screen. The first thing you’re going to want to do is give the business an overall rating. Click one of the stars beside the section labelled “Rating” to set your rating; you can click a different one to change your rating. Stars closer to the left represent poorer ratings, while stars closer to the right represent better ratings.
5. The next step is to actually write the review itself. Click inside the box beside the section labelled “Your Review” and type in your thoughts about what you experienced at that business as a customer. If you need some help with what to write or how to write it, click Read Our Review Guidelines to open a window with some general rules, and then click Review Guidelines in that window for some specific advice dealing with writing reviews.
If you get stuck partway through your review and need some time to think on how you’re going to finish it, click Save Now to save what you’ve written so far, and then you can come back later and write the rest.
6. The final step is to answer some questions about the business and its services. Click the buttons or check boxes beside the answers that match the business, to the best of your knowledge. If you want to help out even more, click Show More Survey Questions at the bottom to display more questions for you to answer.
NOTE: This step is totally optional, so you can skip it if you’re in a hurry or just don’t know enough about the business to answer honestly.
7. When you’re all done, if you’ve had second thoughts and want to stop writing this review (or start over from the beginning), click Cancel. Otherwise, click Post.
Don’t worry if you eventually have a change of heart concerning the business. Your review isn’t set in stone once you post it, so you can come back and update it or delete it at any time.
8. Once you post your review, you’ll be taken to a page that will confirm that your review has been posted. From there, you can:
– go to your review on the business’s page
– fix your review if you’ve made a mistake or want to change it in any way
– add the business to a “List” (of your favourite spots)
– review a similar place nearby, or one that you’ve looked at recently
– share your review via email or social media
– go back to the top of the business’s page
Congratulations! You now know how to write and post a business review on Yelp from start to finish! Now, get out there and spread the word about your favourite hot spots!